Monday, August 08, 2005

First Day of Daycare

Today was Braden's first day at his day care. You would think that I would be used to leaving my baby after 4 months in the NICU, but I was not. I cried all the way to work. I am extremely happy and comforted to know that Braden is staying with family friends. Even though we call it day care, it really is much more like a family setting for him. He is with wonderful people who love him and will take such good care of our little guy. I tried to hold out as long as I could before calling to check on him. I made it all the way to 10:00 a.m. and had to call. Of course, he is doing great.

The last few weeks at home with Braden was the best! It gave me a much deeper sense of being a mom. It was such an amazing thing to watch him grow. Each day, it was something new and exciting. Braden definitely trained Steve and I very well. He gets us up for middle-of-the-night feedings, diaper changes and tons of hugs. Steve and I have really learned so much and we are so grateful to have these experiences.

It's fun when people call now to check on Braden because I get to give such fun reports. They often ask how I am doing...and I can tell you that I haven't eaten a good meal since he came home. I'm lucky to get a shower by noon and if I'm really lucky I get 2 consecutive hours of sleep in a night. But, obviously, I love every minute of it. Braden's health continues to improve and he gives us a million reasons to smile.

We recently found out that Braden is on the Newborns In Need web site! If you'd like to see him, he is on the main page here: http://www.newbornsinneed.org/. You can also read some of his story and see more pictures at this page: http://www.newbornsinneed.org/html/urgent_needs.html . We send so many thanks to the Newborns In Need organization for helping Braden and so many other beautiful babies.

Below are some recent photos of Braden that we wanted to share. Thanks for checking on Braden and we hope you continue to stop by!

P.S. Braden is weighing about 10 1/4 lbs now !!!! 22" long !!!

Here is Braden having play time with his mommy.


Aunt Clara snuggled up with Braden in his duck towel after a bath.


Cousins Jackson and Jonathan gave Braden this onesie from their vacation to Galveston.


Steve and Braden enjoy their afternoon naps on the couch.


Here's Braden hanging out on the couch.


Braden got a "Mexican Woobie" which is a tradition on Annie's side of the family.


This is the boppy pillow that Braden loves so much.


Braden snuggled and slept with his Grandbob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to report that when we went home for lunch that Mr. Braden was having a fabulous time with his bestest buddies, John and Sam. They were gooing and gagaing it up for Chanda and I. We gave him lots of kisses and lovings! Already, the boys are very happy together!! Braden is doing so well. I am so happy to see the leaps and bounds that he has made!! He is truly one of God's miracles and we are so lucky to have him as a part of our lives. Your family is wonderful, and like I said before, I can't wait to see those boys running around wild at the house!!! Watch out world... here they come!!!!
oxoxoxoxoxoxo
Amber and Chanda

Anonymous said...

He is starting to look more like Annie.

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.