Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE!!!!! Being a mom is tough but nothing get you ready for a day in the NICU on Mothers day. Last year was my 1st Mothers day and I was in the NICU starring at Braden through plastic and praying that his surgery would be a success. This time last year Braden was going to have his first shunt surgery and May 16th was the day!!!!! My mothers day was spent at Baylor with that wonderful food that we can not forget to soon. My WHOLE family came to spend the day with me which was a blessing for me. I would have never left the NICU if they had not shown up like many days I had done just that.

BUT this year has been great. Steve had to work today so yesterday we went OUT!!!!! We went to the Dallas Farmers Market I LOVE that place and bought all the fruit and veggies I could eat in about a week. Then we went and look at some furniture . Steve has been wanting an entertainment center and we had been eyeing this piece downtown....WELL we talked to guy and made some offers but told him we would have to think about it. We then headed to Plano for lunch at Black Eyed Pea and then a trip to Barnes and Nobles. On the way home we talked about the entertainment center and guess what..............................It is in my living room!!!! We have been piecing our house together room by room and trying to get the stuff we want and not just settle so that we can have furniture in our home. Steve and I are very happy with it but I think Braden likes it more. He walks around it holding on to the knobs and handles. It is very cute. We watched the Mavs win over San Antonio and then off to bed. This morning I got up and Braden and I came to Denton where I had breakfast with mom , dad and sister Clara and then had lunch with MoMo, PoPo Connie, Chris, Jackson, Jonathan and my brother Leroy.

We had a very nice by and can not wait for another year to go by so that I can share more of my high lights of being mom till then I will leave with these 5:

5: Seeing Braden sleep
4: Hearing him call Steve "Dada"
3: Seeing him smile when he sees me
2: Seeing him trying to walk
1: Rocking him to sleep at the end of everyday!!!!!!


WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
Braden's Uncle Junior in Galveston TX May 15th
Braden's Gramy in Memphis TN May 16th
Braden's Greatgrandmother in Hereford TX May 16th

No comments:

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.