Friday, April 13, 2007

SLEEP

So you know being a new parent you hear people say "oh when they reach a certain age they will just start sleeping through the night." To a sleepy mom and dad that is the best news ever. Braden for the most part has been doing that for a long time BUT no one told us about nightmares, growing pains or just waking up from a dead sleep crying his eyes OUT. We do not have them all the time but we do have them. We work through them but when he does that 3:30 and Steve gets up at 4:30 and i get up at 5:30 makes for a long day!!! But hey we are alive and some what awake.

Things are good we are gearing up for Walk America on the 21st. You still have to walk or donate. Last day for donations is in May so plenty of time for that. And if you want to walk with us just show up at White Rock Lake in Dallas. April 21st at 9:00 a.m. It is a good time and we have so much fun. We do run into some folks who do not understand the purpose of our walk and that makes me mad. We kinda just walk right pass them and think they do not know my Braden or they would think otherwise. So to each their own right?

Susan our friend in Austin is due any day now and no baby name yet. Jenn has call her out on it and we are waiting for a name. I am with Jenn if she does not come up with a name we are going to call him Bubba forever. I just might do that anyway!! Love ya Susan!!!

We are doing great just going with flow. we did not get any good Easter pictures, SORRY!!! But we had a great time. We all over ate. We laughed so hard and played so hard that i think that we were all sore the next day even thought no one wanted to admit it.

Well i better go for now. But check back soon i promise to get more pictures this weekend and during the week of Braden.
Thanks for checking in on us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new site, Joey is in the process of trying to change ours up..I am looking forward to our walk tomorrow, we have $1200 raised, I am very pleased being that I didn't get to do any fundraising since breaking my ankle, and Kellar being sick and all that jazz..Poor Braden is having nightmares, bless his heart...I can't wait till the reunion...

Tanaya said...

Just a note about growing pains. . . My brother and I had them growing up and my now 12 year-old son got them quite severely. We discovered that lot's of times these pains are caused when the body doesn't get enough calcium and it starts leaching it from the bones. I started giving my son "Liquid Calcium Magnesium" made by NF Formulas, Inc. and manufactured for Integrative Therapeutics Inc. With my son it took about 20min after swallowing 1 tablespoon and his symptoms were gone. It worked wonders with me during my pregnancies as well and eliminated my dreaded leg cramps that seem to accompany my hormone changes. Just some info for thought!
~Tanaya~
www.silaskyne.blogspot.com

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.