Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Braden is Moving On Up

Last night as I was driving to the hospital, I got a phone call from Annie and Steve. They told me that Braden had been moved out of Nursery F and into Nursery C. I didn't know exactly what that meant and I was actually a little worried. (It turns out that Braden was switched in order to make room in other areas - nothing to be worried about.) I made it to the hospital and checked in with the receptionist. After washing my hands, I walked down that very familiar hallway. Instead of turning into the first nursery on the left as usual, I walked all the way down to the very end of the hall. I had never made it that far down the hallway and I was able to see into the other nurseries. There were many nooks and hallways in each nursery and it was amazing to see how many Baylor Babies were there.

The families of those sweet babies were tucked into those nurseries and hovered over the incubators, beds, and cribs. As the parents were washing up, they looked so sad and stressed. But then they would walk into their nursery and their whole demeanor would change. Their sad faces became shiny and bright. To me, that was just a peek at how much parents love their children.

As I walked into Nursery C, I met his new nurse, Hope. She was so pleasant and warm. I looked at Braden in that new bed and I was overwhelmed. He looks fantastic! He was wearing a little shirt and was all wrapped up in a blanket. He was sleeping so peacefully and you could really see how much he's grown. He's a very blessed baby and we're thankful to all of you for your prayers.

This morning we got some great news. Braden will be moving on up to a crib today! That big-boy bed was fun while it lasted, but it will be wonderful to see Braden in a crib! I can't wait to get a picture of him in that crib. I will post a photo as soon as possible.

Thanks for stopping by to check on Braden and thank you for posting your comments to this blog. It's nice to read such kind, comforting words. Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!
NM

Anonymous said...

That is great news! Good luck Braden and we will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Braden is getting closer and closer to being able to come home so we can all spoil him.

Anonymous said...

That's terrific news! We are all thrilled and continue to pray for you all!
The Nurses in Labor and Delivery in Denton

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.