Monday, May 09, 2005

An Update from Annie

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by to check on our baby. He had a good weekend. On Friday night, Steve and I went to visit him. It's so fun to have him in that open crib because we can have more interaction with him.

On Saturday, Steve and I went to tour a house that we'd like to buy. (Please wish us luck with this one, we'd love to have this house for Braden!) After the tour, we went straight to the hospital to tell Braden all about it. He was wide awake and was even a little fussy. He cried when I changed him, he cried when the nurse was assessing him, he was just wanting all kinds of attention and we were happy to oblige! To our surprise, Lynda, Steve's mom, stopped by to visit Braden on Saturday. It was a lot for her to drive in from Sherman, so we were happy to see her. She was able to have some alone time with Steve and Braden and they all enjoyed it. After that, Steve took me shopping for my first Mother's Day! I had the best time; Steve really knows how to take care of me.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we spent the whole day at Baylor. Unfortunately, Steve had to work. But my family spent the whole day there with me. Braden was wide awake for part of the day, but mostly he was sleeping while all wrapped up in his blankets. We didn't hold him all weekend. In fact, we have decided that we will not hold him until after his surgery later this week. We just want him to rest and grow as much as possible before his surgery. It was really hard to leave him, especially on Mother's Day. It broke my heart. My arms were dying to get a hug from Braden. When I got home, I had spent some time with Steve and held on to Braden's blanket. I just cried and cried because I missed Braden so much. But I know that he is being well taken care of at Baylor and I trust that I'll have many days to hug and kiss Braden in the very near future. I know how very blessed I am to have him and even though the last few months have been rocky, I am still very grateful for them. I also know that my family, extended family, friends, and especially my husband are very loving and supportive. Together, we'll make it through all this.

Again, thanks for stopping by. And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

I've attached some photos for you. You can see his cute double-chin in some of these photos. We're still debating who he got that from. :o) Have a great day!

-Annie

This photo shows the C-PAP that is inserted into his nose to assist him with breathing. As you can see here, he has Steve's hair and complexion.


Braden was chilling out and stretching on Sunday afternoon. You can see him tugging on his feeding tube.


He loves to stretch and during a pamper change, he took advantage of the extra space.


This is the crib he sleeps in now. He looks so small in there but he is actually weighing in at a little over 4 pounds!


There's one big stretch!


His new crib is by a window and he enjoys a sunny afternoon nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Annie! You will soon have Braden home to hug on instead of his blaket! The good times to come are on the horizon!

Anonymous said...

Your baby is adorable!! He is so blessed to have you as his mom.

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.