Friday, June 23, 2006

A year later......

A year ago today Steve and I got to be come parents. We finally got to walk out of Baylor with Braden. What a feeling that was to walk out of the doors and not feel like you are leaving your heart up on the 7th floor NICU. We were so happy that day and we cried tears of joy when we got him the car. Aunt Clara came to drive us home so that Steve and I would not fight about who got to sit with him in the back. Leigh one of Braden's nurses was our discharge nurse and we loved her like she was one of us. So it really meant a lot to us when she cried when we left with Braden. But I am sure that all the nurse feel that way when one of there babies leave, they are HAPPY!! So we get home and not a few hours later any family member that was within an hour drive was at hour house. It is weird to think that Braden has been with us a year today. I remember driving away from Baylor and looking back at it from the window and thinking there are still babies in there, and I want so bad for other parents to feel the way I felt taking my baby HOME!!

What a difference a year makes. Braden is walking, and talking, and doing more things all on his own . He is almost 22 pounds and 30 inches tall. We are so blessed to have Braden. He was well taken care of at Baylor and we would have not had him anywhere else. But this day was the day that I said BYE BAYLOR and ran out the doors with my baby!!!!!! We have gone back a few times to see the family that took such good care of Braden!! We will always have a special place for the staff at Baylor. Thanks to all of you who helped us get to this point your prayers and support have been amazing!!!

Well check back all summer long we are sure to have some great pictures for you all to see.......


Last family picture taken at Baylor,on the day we took him home one year ago today!!!



The Bunger family now!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the day very well. And, I am glad to say it's all in the past!

We are thrilled each and everyday for the progess "B" has made - he is one tough kid!

Jan Hill

Anonymous said...

a true child of God!!

Becky and Ken said...

Braden is such a special little guy and I am very glad to have him and you and Steve in my life. What a blessing! It is great to see him growing so much. I can hardly believe it has been a year since you came home and wow has he changed.

Gage cannot wait to get a little bigger so that he can play with Braden.

We love yall!!!!
The Guthrie's

Anonymous said...

BRADEN YOU ARE A BLESSING FROM GOD. YOU HAVE MADE YOUR PARENTS VERY HAPPY. WE ARE ALL GLAD THAT YOU HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR. YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL TO ME, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NOT MET YOU. I FEEL LIKE I KNOW YOU. YOUR PARENTS ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU, YOU KEEP MAKING THEM HAPPY. SOON YOU WILL HAVE A NEW FRIEND TO PLAY.
STEPHANIE HILL AND LANDON

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having your precious little man home with ya'll for a year now...God is great...

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.