Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Gaining Weight

Braden is really starting to gain weight. Last weekend, we celebrated Braden hitting 5 pounds by giving his nurses 5 dozen assorted cookies. And we just found out that his current weight is just a few ounces shy of hitting 6 pounds! Yikes!! Preemie clothes don't fit him. He's now wearing Newborn sized clothing (0 - 3 months or 6 - 14 pounds.) We are so happy to see this weight gain - we want even more!

Last night, I went to the hospital to see him. Tuesday nights are all mine. It's the only day of the week where I get Braden all to myself. I spent some time redecorating his crib. We're excited about packing him up to go home. So his new decorations are suitcases, luggage tags, taxi cabs, and good-bye statements.

Braden was really fussy last night. He had just eaten his dinner and he had a fresh pamper, but he was still fussy. I started to read to him, but he would make a sad little face and then start crying. It was a loud gut-driven cry. So I stopped reading to him and gave him his pacifier. He started chomping on it and that's when the yawning began. If the pacifier fell out of his mouth, he'd cry and cry. So I had to stand there for 20 minutes holding his pacifier until he fell fast asleep. I know that's spoiling him but I just couldn't help it. I have a feeling most people would have done the exact same thing...especially MoMo. :o)

So far Braden is doing very well and he's enjoying his new home in the South Hall. We will keep you posted on any news. Thanks for checking in on him and have a happy Wednesday.

No comments:

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.