Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pictures as Promised!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to check on Braden. He's doing great! Last night was my night to visit him and we had so much fun. As soon as I got there, the nurse mentioned that Braden had been "doing some work" and might need a pamper change. Sure enough, he did...and he needed it quick! After the clean up it was time for dinner.

Braden's 2 afternoon feedings were done with a bottle, so his nurse was afraid that he would be too tired to have his dinner feeding with a bottle also. But Braden proved to be stronger than we thought! He sucked that bottle dry! He ate all 60 CCs (about 2 ounces) in about 25 minutes - allowing some time for burp breaks. He now weighs 6 pounds 14 ounces.

After dinner, he curled up with me and he fell asleep immediately. His little head was on my left shoulder and we cuddled for about 20 minutes. His hugs are the absolute highlight of my day. They make you feel so warm and happy. You forget that the whole world is moving and you just want to dive into that moment. It's amazing just how much you can love your family.

I noticed that it was 9:06 p.m. and my DART Bus was coming at 9:12. So I put Braden back into his bed and the second I laid him down, he started crying. I immediately picked him back up - I couldn't help it! He had a hard time falling asleep after that. So I put his little head on my shoulder again and I actually managed to hold the pacifier in his mouth with one hand and massage his back with the other hand. It was quite acrobatic, but it worked. He fell back asleep and then....

...he got the hiccups and started crying. He was SO angry that these hiccups were interrupting his sleep. They finally passed and I nestled him into his bed. I arranged the blankets to hold the pacifier in place and he immediately drifted off to sleep. Thankfully, I made it to the bus stop just in time for the 9:42 bus. Whew!

Thanks for checking on him and have a happy Wednesday!

Before dinner, Braden was hanging out.


I still say Braden looks just like Steve.


Braden scratched his face with his fingernails, so I had to put mittens on him.


Check out that adorable double-chin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. Braden looks more beautiful than ever!

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.