Friday, April 22, 2005

A Letter to Braden from MoMo

Dear Braden,
We have had the joy of watching you develop right before our eyes these last couple of months. It is amazing to me to see the difference in you every time. I love every inch of you. I can't wait to hold you and spoil you! Last night, PoPo and I spent some time with you. PoPo read to you and you listened! I started to sing and you fell asleep. (I think you were tuning me out! I did sound horrible!)

Braden, you have brought us all so much joy and through you we have learned so much about how wonderful life can be, even in the darkest of moments. We have learned that little things are as important as the big ones. I never thought I could be so grateful and excited over 1 day! When your mother was still carrying you, she tried to keep you in her tummy "just one more hour." And I would pray and pray for just one more hour of her pregnancy. After you were born, we not only prayed for hours, but also days. "Every hour counts, every day counts" we were told over and over again. You, sweet angel, are worth every second!

We celebrate and give thanks every time you gain an ounce or when the numbers that need to be high are high and the low numbers low. We are delighted every time we are told that they are adding even 1 cc of formula to your tummy. Not to mention the happiness that we feel knowing that we are surrounded by friends, co-workers and family that truly care. My precious angel, someday you will see how much faith they have and how much they love you. I pray that you grow up to be a strong man full of life, love and a willingness to serve others.

Braden, we are here, we all are here for you. We pray constantly for you. I love you, my angel.

MoMo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother,
I just wanted to say that everyone who tells me what a great mom I am they can see where I get it. Thanks mom for everything! Braden will be loved by so many and the love he will get from me is the same love I get from you.
Annie

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.