Friday, March 04, 2005

Another Good Night

Praise God, Braden had another good night. He was a little fiesty last night and kept moving around. He was kicking and tugging on cords. That little guy loves to move around! He is sounding more and more like Annie.

Every day the physicians check Braden's oxygen levels, organ functions, blood pressure, body movements, etc. They call those test results his "gases." Right now Braden's gases are at 29. But we'd like for them to be at 35 and above. So we will continue to pray that those numbers will rise. Soon Braden will be on a formula diet with Lipid as a weight gainer. We are praying that after he goes on the formula mixture, he will start to put on the pounds!

Annie is doing great! She and Steve spent the night in Denton with mom and dad. She is still in pain, but that is to be expected. Regardless of the pain, she plans on spending the day in Dallas with Braden.

I would like to again thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. There is such strength in prayer. I learned that lesson when my nephew, Jackson, was in the hospital. And now that we have another miracle baby in the hospital, I can only pray that God will protect our little guy and continue to heal him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Susan Donahue and I work with your mom at Evers. I am at home on bed rest now from pregnancy complications. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like Braden is a little fighter! I hope and pray that God will give him and your family the strength needed to get through all of this. I will keep in contact with Aurora and checking in to the website to keep up with the latest milestones Braden is making.

Godspeed,

Susan

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.