Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Looking Good

Braden now weighs 2 pounds 3 ounces! He's really starting to gain weight and he looks so much better these days. They have added Lipid to his formula and that is basically a fatty nutrient that helps him to gain weight. He gets fed through a tube in his mouth. He is responding very well to the formula. His bowel movements are much more regular and his stomach and intestines are obviously working properly.

Braden is still on antibiotics. They are hoping that his infection and the mild bacteria in his blood will be cleared up soon. He also has some small sores on his legs, back and tummy. That is likely caused by the infection. Again, we're waiting to see how Braden will react to the antibiotic. But I have a very good feeling that our little fighter is going to pull right through this!

When I got to the hospital last night, MoMo and PoPo were already in the nursery with Braden. They got to see the nurse change Braden's pamper. They are using a slightly larger pamper for him now. We were really excited about that! When Braden is getting a pamper change, he stretches his arms way up and his legs way out! It's very cute! I was so happy that MoMo and PoPo finally had a chance to see him do that.

While MoMo and PoPo were in the nursery, I was in the waiting room with Connie. We must have waited 30 minutes before PoPo finally came out! They sure do hog up their time in there...not that I blame them. When I finally got in there, Braden was having tummy time. We giggled because the nurse had brushed his hair and he looked as if he were ready to go to Sunday Mass! I did manage to video tape Braden last night. As soon as I can digitize and upload the video, I'll post it so you can see Braden...fancy hairdo and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Braden-
Thanks for sending me the pots & spoons! We say a special prayer each night for you to grow big & strong. So when I come to Texas to visit you, we can play!
Love,
Owen

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see the fancy hairdo. Glad that all seems well.
Love,
Gramy & Grandbob

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.