Monday, March 28, 2005

A Note from Annie

Today my son is 1 month old! This morning when Steve left for work, I just laid in bed and thought of February. As I started to think of all that happened in February up until his birth, I almost couldn't believe that I was blessed to be Braden's mom! Not only that, but I had a son with the one man that God made just for me. I was overwhelmed with just how blessed we are.

Braden has brought so much to me already that I cannot wait to see what he will bring into my life once he is home. This past month of ups and downs has made my heart so strong. No matter what happens, my unconditional love for him will grow and grow every day. Braden is my life and my heart. I love knowing that God chose Steve and me to receive this wonderful gift. We will have the honor and pleasure of raising him.

So on his 1 month birthday, as any mom would, I sang Happy Birthday to a picture that I have of him. Tonight at the hospital, when I can actually see him, I will sing again in person. I would like to send many thanks to you for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers you have given Braden. Please know that we are praying for you, also!

Braden has an aunt, uncle and cousin that are doing missionary work in Thailand right now. They have a very touching blog. If you have time, visit the Blakes at their blog.

This is Braden's incubator on Easter Sunday.


The nurse is preparing Braden for physical therapy.


After physical therapy, Braden was tired.


He's getting all bundled up and ready to snooze.


What an angel! This picture makes us feel even closer to God.


Braden's nurse, Leigh, says goodbye to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Braden...
Wish we were there to help celebrate the occasion.

Love,
Grandbob and Gramy

Anonymous said...

Thats one good-lookin' birthday boy!!

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.