Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Busy Week

Braden has had a busy week. A roller coaster is the best way to describe what's been happening. The good news is that his infection is slowly starting to clear up. Also, he is still at 2 pounds 2 ounces. The best part is that even though his little body is fighting, he still looks great! If all goes well, he might be back on formula next week.

Yesterday, I was visiting him and a nurse asked me to wait around the corner because they needed to do a routine x-ray on his chest. When the other nurse came into the nursery with the x-ray machine, she had not seen me. She looked in at Braden and said, "Oh, wow! He is so cute!" I peeked around the corner and said, "Thank you!" She looked surprised to see me then asked if I was the mother. I said that I was his aunt. She said, "Well, he is certainly a cute little guy!" I proudly responded, "Yes, I know."

Braden will be 1 month old on Monday. Of course, we're already talking about a fun way to celebrate this big day! We are so proud of Braden for being such a fighter. We are very thankful to his loving medical staff at Baylor. We are especially thankful for prayerful people like you who keep Braden in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

The story of a micro preemie who is beating the odds.